iOS 11 breaking device-based app installation?

JKoopman
New Contributor III

Since iOS 11 was released, students who have updated are being prompted to enter their AppleID passwords for device-based app installations. Students who use Apple School Manager AppleIDs are simply given a message that their AppleIDs cannot be used for purchases. This prevents all apps from installing.

At the moment, we are using JSS 9.99.0. We're planning to update to 9.101.0 this afternoon hoping that it resolves the issue. Is anyone using 9.101.0 experiencing this issue?

7 REPLIES 7

rcorbin
Contributor II

Your problem is probably the 9.99.0. We had the same issue when we were doing iOS 11 testing when our JSS was still 9.99.0. That issue was apparently fixed in 9.100.0. We are now running 9.101.0 and have done testing of device based app installation and no longer see this issue.

ChicagoGuy1984
New Contributor III

We are seeing the exact same issue, are you certain that upgrading to 9.101.0 fixes the issue or should I be opening a ticket with JAMF for this?

Thank You! - Marek

Riggs
New Contributor

I had the exact same problem and upgrading to 9.101.0 resolved the issue.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

JKoopman
New Contributor III

Upgrading to 9.101.0 solved the problem.

SFsteven
New Contributor

I can confirm from my JAMF support engineer that JSS 9.97.xxxx does not support device based VPP. JSS must be 9.100 or later.

christina_luis
Contributor

I was told by Jamf that our JSS had to be 9.101 in order to manage iOS 11. Hope this helps.

RLR
Valued Contributor

We're on 9.100 and is working okay.