iOS 11 802.1x Issues

nvandam
Contributor II

Some iPads in our environment have upgraded to iOS 11 and have been fine, others fail to connect to WiFi now. We use a WiFi Profile with a payload that has an SSID set to auto-join, WPA2 Enterprise, EAP-FAST, and has a generic username and password and also 2 certs, L1K and G2. Networking and certs are not my strong suit, so any help is appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

josephmccarty
New Contributor

It might be related to these updates. They removed support for SHA-1 based certificates, and will no longer work with TLS 1.0

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207828

nvandam
Contributor II

After talking with Apple support today, I can confirm that it's an issue with EAP-FAST in iOS 11. We have tested pushing out another profile using PEAP and it works fine. Apple is working on a fix, but no telling when that'll come.

rayf
New Contributor II

We are seeing the same problem with wifi profiles pushed out by Jamf to ipads updated to IOS 11, and to Apple TVs updated to TVOS 11. Our wifi Profile is set to auto-join SSID, WPA2 Enterprise (i.e., any enterprise), PEAP, with a generic username and password. We also use also 2 certs. The profile is managing to get pushed down to the ipad, but the username and password credentials are not being read. Instead we are prompted to put those credentials in manually to connect, which is not a good solution with over 3000 ipads.

Mkh
New Contributor III

Hey guys any updates on this one !? I have the same issue