MacOS High Sierra (10.13) upgrade ends with black screen

myronjoffe
Contributor III

Seeing an issue, to which i never saw from 10.13 beta 8 - GM using the following script

Essentially script does some system checks, throws up some info with jamfhelper and runs the following as the logged in user:

#!/bin/sh
/Applications/Install macOS High Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --applicationpath "/Applications/Install macOS High Sierra.app" --nointeraction --pidtosignal $jamfHelperPID &

Towards the end of the install, screen is black, but i can make out the login window is behind it by moving the cursor towards the top of the screen, keyboard and touchbar are lit. Looking in the JSS I can see the device has updated to 10.13 as a recon is run via a LaunchDaemon at the end of the install workflow. At this stage i need to hard reboot the device.

I'm clutching at straws here but it may be because I have an external screen connected which is the only difference in setup between beta and final release. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

samuelbrown
New Contributor

Hey I'm trying to do this and got to the same stage/issue. Any updates/ideas?? S

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

My issue after I run my config script I have a reboot and that is showing the close to same symptom. However 1/3 of the time it's a black screen 1/3 of the time it's a pink screen and 1/3 of the time it's a teal screen. I am testing on about 10 machines mix and match models.

C