Encryption Status

steve_summers
Contributor III

So we have about 9 early adopters of High Sierra. Looking at their computer record in our JSS, the disk encryption section indicates that the drives are not encrypted. Going to the machine and looking at the FileVault status, they are in fact encrypted. Has anyone else seen this behavior in their JSS, on machines with 10.13? abe7f427d1ab4ab49ac97467e6fd493d

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

duffcalifornia
Contributor

After talking with the fine people on the Mac Admins Slack, it seems as though you will have to update your JSS to 9.101 to have this work on machines with High Sierra.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

duffcalifornia
Contributor

I wonder if it isn't something to do with the conversion from NFS+ to APFS. I updated my Touch Bar Pro to 10.13 on Monday and yesterday my org's encryption policy kicked off again, despite the fact that my machine was definitely encrypted prior to upgrading. It now shows as "not encrypted' in my JSS (and also shows that VM as well) where my Mac Mini has been upgraded and still shows as encrypted.

edit: FWIW, our org is on JSS 9.100 and running recon after the encryption policy runs again still shows the machine as not encrypted and also loses our previously escrowed recovery key.

wglass
New Contributor

I am having the same issue with our early upgraders. We are at 9.96. This is my device that is encrypted. The JSS is not even showing my storage statistics at all. No drive size or status. 2e5d13142f5743e6b2df21efacd9724d

duffcalifornia
Contributor

After talking with the fine people on the Mac Admins Slack, it seems as though you will have to update your JSS to 9.101 to have this work on machines with High Sierra.

steve_summers
Contributor III

Thanks. I was wondering if we would ultimately have to do this. I appreciate it and am scheduling an upgrade now.