Apps Not Loading

barakblackburn
New Contributor II

hello,

I am having trouble getting some apps to load/ appear on managed iPads.

Access My Library is the current source of my frustration.

Any pointers would be great.

The settings via General, Scope, and VPP are the same as every other app.

Thanks so much,

Barak

6f5dcad79a17479ebfab985415165dd6

23 REPLIES 23

miregan
Contributor II

Do you have a dock restriction in place? In the configuration for the app do you have it set to only be available in self service?

barakblackburn
New Contributor II

no dock restriction in place, and the distribution is set for Install Automatically.

miregan
Contributor II

Can you post screen shots of your configs?

strider_knh
Contributor II

Are these iOS 11 devices and are these 32 bit apps? If you have this combination then they will not install.

We have a number of apps our teachers liked that are no longer usable.

miregan
Contributor II

Just beat me to that as well lol. I was trying to verify if that app was 32 bit or not.

barakblackburn
New Contributor II

attached are screenshots

8922b7933d47478c8b50e37514de6ea1
8fdf595579624e45bbe178910b251371
dc185460f9b44f21b5946a2b00085191
befb4ec8efe34ea2b77448f3a2b88345

mahughe
Contributor

why does it appear twice? what iOS? what version of the JSS? Does it appear on some, not others? Are they scoped to a site?

barakblackburn
New Contributor II

it appears twice because I was trying to give it a proverbial kick, and when it didn't load the first time, I tried it a second time.
as far as i know, it does not appear on any of the devices. ios is currently upgrading from 10. to 11.

strider_knh
Contributor II

I see it in the App Store on my iOS 11 device so it is iOS 11 compatible. For some reason it is showing that the version 3.0.13 was released 11m ago... I don't think that is right since the same version is showing as updated in Nov 2016 on the VPP site.

barakblackburn
New Contributor II

It has not been installed ever as far as i know.

strider_knh
Contributor II

Oh, I guess 11m ago could mean 11 months ago. 11m makes me think 11 minutes...

barakblackburn
New Contributor II

if anyone has any troubleshooting, or things I can try, please chime in. this is super frustrating.

mahughe
Contributor

I just installed on an iOS 11 iPad, not issues. Are those iPads showing up in that group the app is scoped to?

Slicer
New Contributor III

That's odd...not sure if it would help, but try editing the Category, and change it from None to A-F?

mahughe
Contributor

it shows to all managed iPads in one of the images

mahughe
Contributor

category doesn't matter, mine isn't scoped to one...

Slicer
New Contributor III

I didn't think so! It was a "shot in the dark"!

mahughe
Contributor

when was the last time one of the iPads not getting this app last updated it's inventory?

under the mgmt tab of this iPad, is it seen in the Apps that are in this iPads scope?

mahughe
Contributor

I'd also get rid of the dup entry..I'm surprised it was allowed to be entered twice under the same VPP account..

barakblackburn
New Contributor II

The app is Pending.41fb9e2ed65e4e8ab53303918f0b1b8d
407eef416a924af29704b936ce79f4a0

barakblackburn
New Contributor II

it has finally loaded, no idea why or how.

thanks so much everyone.

mahughe
Contributor

what iOS is this iPad running and what version of the JSS are on?

rhoskin
New Contributor

Was there a solution to this as I am having the same issues randomly on different iPads following updating to iOS 11. Some iPads will update with all apps present, others will update and are missing 2-3 apps. I have got around it by adding the problematic device to the exclusion list and then straight away removing it from this list. The app then installs but is not in a corresponding folder and I have to then do the same process with a home screen configuration profile. I now have one device which I have wiped and updated and 1 free app will not re-download to the device.