macbook backup

bryanoneill
New Contributor II

Can somebody help me with a backup solution no cloud solutions please its for 100+/- macbook pro

8 REPLIES 8

LovelessinSEA
Contributor II

I believe that Druva insync offers an on-premise solution. We really like In-Sync, not sure what your budget is but they have great support.

Backoffice
New Contributor III

Check out Crashplan/Code42

It integrates well with JAMF, offers on premise options, and is pretty customizable.

StoneMagnet
Contributor III

@Backoffice Isn't Crashplan/Code42 eliminating the on-premise backup server option as part of their termination of the CrashPlan for Home service?

erickcurtis
New Contributor

If you like mucking around with some tools that are a bit harder to set up initially, but are rock solid afterwards check out the backup solutions from http://www.tolisgroup.com.

Our organization has been backing up our Macs with their backup appliance for the better part of a decade with absolutely no problems.

I would use their back appliance rather then running this on a free Mac. You do get what you pay for.

Feel free to e-mail me with any questions erick.curtis@ccd.edu

Will_M
New Contributor II

Hey @LovelessinSEA did you push out Druva inSync through the JSS? I am currently on a project to deploy Druva to a few users and would like to know how I can deploy it easily.

LovelessinSEA
Contributor II

Hey @Will_M I sure hope you've figured this out, i'm not getting notifications on replies from jamf nation for some reason. Let me know if you still need help with this but yeah we are pushing via the JSS. we're using a script to activate the license and ldap groups for scoping.

Hugonaut
Valued Contributor II

Chronosync has worked great for us.

Virtual MacAdmins Monthly Meetup - First Friday, Every Month

Will_M
New Contributor II

@LovelessinSEA yes Druva supplied me with a script that worked. Thank you for your response.