JSS Ldap authentication failure

kowsar_ahmed
Contributor

Hi Guys,

Our JSS is on v9.101 (upgraded from 9.96 3 days ago) and everything had been fine until this morning where we cannot login to self-service nor login to the JSS portal. after logging in with a local account the 'test' works fine and it can do all the lookups fine, any suggestions? It is using SSL to connect to the Ldap server.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kowsar_ahmed
Contributor

Thanks guys - it was the SSL cert for whatever reason within LDAP needed re-uploading and restarting tomcat afterwards.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jhalvorson
Valued Contributor

Occasionally, we have seen this after upgrade/updates. I don't know why it goes bad after an update, but the quick resolution was to delete and recreate it. Take screen grabs of what you have before you delete it.

dgreening
Valued Contributor II

I have seen this when Java magically updates itself on the Tomcat host(s). The fix is to uninstall Java and then re-install the latest Java and confirm your Java options (path, memory, etc). It seems Java on Windows doesn’t always respect the update setting which you have defined. I had to neuter Java update in the registry to stop this from happening.

kowsar_ahmed
Contributor

Thanks guys - it was the SSL cert for whatever reason within LDAP needed re-uploading and restarting tomcat afterwards.