How to manage Adobe CC updates?

bmgsupport
New Contributor II

Hi community,

I am packing now the Adobe CC Apps for a couple of months now and no issues so far with that.

The next challenge would be now, how to manage updates for it. We are still using a serial key licensing solution and have not yet moved to a user licensed solution. The issue I am facing is, I am not able to include the companies Adobe ID within the package in order to have the users updating their apps on their own. And we don't have an update server.

Any solutions you can share with me? Thanks in advance Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jphillips
Release Candidate Programs Tester

We're including the Adobe Remote Update Manager with each package. We run updates once a week on a specific day, and our script just runs the RUM binary, which will download/install any available CC updates on the system.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jphillips
Release Candidate Programs Tester

We're including the Adobe Remote Update Manager with each package. We run updates once a week on a specific day, and our script just runs the RUM binary, which will download/install any available CC updates on the system.

ThijsX
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi!

Currently we are using the Patch Management of Jamf Pro v10. before that custom policies.
Within Adobe Creative Cloud packager you can create or full installer packages or just update packages.

You can deploy that update/patch packages via patch management or custom policies.

Greetings,
Thijs - bol.com

chris_hansen
Contributor

+1 for the Adobe Remote Update Manager. It will update the apps that are not open, in case someone is working late/early/nights/weekends. Like say an artist.

Also, you can scope to specific products, for all in one if you add the optional --productVersions= switch

Update only Acrobat and Reader with something like this

#!/bin/sh
/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/CCP/utilities/RemoteUpdateManager --productVersions=APRO,RDR

bmgsupport
New Contributor II
Within Adobe Creative Cloud packager you can create or full installer packages or just update packages.

@txhaflaire Love your idea and I checked the Creative Cloud Packager and ask my self how do I know if its an update or a full installation?3b83954d61444f85a09383eaa5269b90

jhuls
Contributor III

In the past here on campus I've updated our installation and then rolled it out as we go into a new semester and not doing any regular updates in between. I've started looking into being more active with updates because last year we did run into some bugs in Photoshop and Dreamweaver where updates addressed them. There doesn't seem to be a perfect solution...at least with what I would like to see. I'm starting to lean toward simply doing what I've been doing but instead of using CCP, use downloads from our Enterprise Dashboard and then use RUM to do the updates throughout each semester.

In the past I've also just built a monster install with CCP and installed that. Going into this semester we're going to try breaking it up into individual installs. It adds to my time but for systems with limited drive space and those who don't need every single application, it should speed up install time considerably as well as having less to worry about updates working or not working. We'll see how that goes though as it puts more time on me in the prep stage and time isn't a luxury I have.