Jamf Remote: stuck at "Enabling /usr/local/Jamf/bin/Jamf..."

Taylor_Armstron
Valued Contributor

Upgraded our JSS from 9.101 to 10.0 Monday night. No issues noticed, but after a couple of days, I've realized that a significant number of machines aren't reporting in.

Attempting to update the inventory via Jamf Remote, I'm seeing this for status: "Enabling /usr/local/jamf/bin/jamf..." It then hangs there until I manually stop the process. Checking through my inventory in the console, every machine reporting that status has not checked in since the upgrade. Currently, this appears to be over 50% of my systems.

The Jamf binary on all machines also appears to be older, but I'd somewhat expect this if they haven't checked in to the server to grab the latest.

Thoughts? Anyone else seeing similar?

1 REPLY 1

Taylor_Armstron
Valued Contributor

Just a little more info:

Of the machines that I have direct physical access to and/or ssh access, only one was experiencing the issue. Logged in, attempted to run "sudo jamf -policy" and got "sudo: jamf: command not found".

Re-enrolled it using my quick-add package, and all is back to normal. Seems the jamf binary may have been corrupted following the upgrade?

Again, issue now is that I have a significant ## of machines out there with the same symptoms, and no good way of getting the enrollment package out to them if they're not communicating in the first place.

Only thought that has occurred to me: we have our Jamf management account set to randomize passwords. Is there anywhere that the JSS will show me the PWD, in order to use that with Recon to re-enroll?