Jamf pro 10 - self service notifications

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

I went to enable self service notifications in JP10 and it said I needed a push proxy cert. So I clicked the link and added a new certificate.. when it completes it shows the cert was installed in the list, but an " i " says it cannot add new push certificates.

b3de442f3a6b45d09f35a73524983f28

Can I just renew the existing MDM Push cert or do I need to create a new one because of the push proxy?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@jwojda

That’s a normal message.

It’s just letting you know that you’ve got all the possible push certificates that can be added (so, for example, you can't go in and add a second MDM push certificate or a second Push Proxy certificate) and, if you need to add a new push certificate or push proxy certificate instead of renewing an existing one, one of the existing ones will need to be deleted first.

Thanks!
Were Wulff
Jamf Customer Experience

View solution in original post

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@jwojda

Correct.

Your push certificate can stay as is unless you're really itching to renew it early. :)

Were Wulff
Jamf Customer Experience

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@jwojda

That’s a normal message.

It’s just letting you know that you’ve got all the possible push certificates that can be added (so, for example, you can't go in and add a second MDM push certificate or a second Push Proxy certificate) and, if you need to add a new push certificate or push proxy certificate instead of renewing an existing one, one of the existing ones will need to be deleted first.

Thanks!
Were Wulff
Jamf Customer Experience

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

@were.wulff thanks!

so I don't need to update/replace my existing mdm push cert now that I've added the push proxy?

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@jwojda

Correct.

Your push certificate can stay as is unless you're really itching to renew it early. :)

Were Wulff
Jamf Customer Experience