HTTPS distribution point issues

pandrum
New Contributor III

Hey folks.

We have our JSS and our main DP on the same server. We are configuring downloads over HTTPS but have issues with getting it to work.

We can fetch packages just fine when opening a browser from a client and manually entering the URL for the packages on the server. When running jamf policy -verbose from a client we get the following error: 63ccbb32f45c41b99bd2a89836256eeb

We are not using a self signed cert.

Also a sidenote question; When HTTP/S is enabled, does the clients only fetch packages from HTTP/S? And SMB is only used by Casper Admin to upload packages?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

stephanpeterson
Contributor

I'm almost certain you're seeing an SSL cert issue. Does the machine you're testing on have installed and trust the cert that's being used for SSL?

I tend to test with plain HTTP initially when I set up a HTTP/S DP and then add SSL into the mix once everything is working.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

stephanpeterson
Contributor

I'm almost certain you're seeing an SSL cert issue. Does the machine you're testing on have installed and trust the cert that's being used for SSL?

I tend to test with plain HTTP initially when I set up a HTTP/S DP and then add SSL into the mix once everything is working.

ytalha
New Contributor II

I'm facing the same issue lately with 10.1.1 hopefully someone has a solution to this.

pandrum
New Contributor III

@stephanpeterson We solved it! It was a bit of misconfiguration from our part. Instead of the hostname to our DP we had put the IP address instead. Im not very well-versed into certificates but I guess it cannot validate with the just the IP address. Changing it to the hostname solved it!