Apple apps (Mail and Files) and Managed Apps/Managed Destinations

bobv
New Contributor II

We have a Config Profile set so that Managed apps are only able to be used with Managed destinations. However, it seems that our Managed destinations apps (ShareFile, Notablility) are not available for Apple Mail or Apple Files apps. Are Apple apps not considered Managed and are not able to be configured this way? If so, is there a way to configure the Files app and Mail so that we can limit which apps can have access to them.

If there is not a way to Manage them, are there suggestions to control this other than trying to individually restrict every app that we do not want on the iOS device.

3 REPLIES 3

bvondeylen
Contributor II

I don't see that particular restriction.

I only see "Allow documents from managed sources in unmanaged destinations"
and
"Allow documents from unmanaged sources in managed destinations"

Where are you finding the 'Managed apps are only able to be used with Managed destinations'?

MrP
Contributor III

The apple apps are available in the app store. For instance if you search for "contacts apple" from the JSS, the built in contacts app will be available to add. I can't confirm because our JSS is acting up again, but I believe if you add it and check the box to make the app managed if already installed, it will resolve this.

MrP
Contributor III

Would be nice if there were an option in the JSS to make default OS apps 'managed', then if the customer likes, they can just block access to the apps they don't want people using. Seems like trusting the OS's default apps should be the default configuration.