10.13.2 Supplemental Update Extension Attribute (EA)

Mhomar
Contributor

Hi all, your help is really appreciated!

I am wondering if any of you have built an EA that I can use in on my Jamf Pro server (9.101.0)?

Does this update change the OS10.13.2 build number? If so, is that (17C88)? If the supplemental update does not change the build number is there something in the OS that I can grab in an EA the definitively tells me the OS is running with the 10.13.2 Supplemental Update applied?

Thanks again for your help!

2 REPLIES 2

Mhomar
Contributor

Sorry for the duplicate, I received an error (incomplete information) when posting and I did not think it actually posted.

robmorton
Contributor

Mine fully patched shows 10.13.2 (17C205).

As a side note, I have reported to Apple that it is unacceptable to change a build number so you know it is patched. No management solution gathers the build of the applications like Safari 11.0.2 build xxx.xxx.x.x.6. Luckily they generally do (Jamf does) grab the build of the OS. When you are tracking one of the most critical patches across all platforms in recent time, security wants easy patching and easy identification to ensure that the problem is solved. Not some hack solution of looking at a file or reading a plist.