'Use as login window configuration' de-selects itself after saving

Backoffice
New Contributor III

Morning all,

When attempting to create an 8021.x profile to authenticate via Wifi, with WEP/WPA2 Enterprise and PEAP selected.....the configuration profile consistently removes the 'use as login window configuration' option as soon as I save the profile, which completely defeats the purpose

Any idea why this is happening? I've tried different protocols but to no avail

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

crbeck
Contributor

I had a support case open for the exact same issue. No solution, but I was given PI-004491 for it. Mine is stuck with the "Use as a Login Window Configuration" checked, but if I make a clone or another new 802.1x profile with the same settings, that "Use as a Login Window Configuration" box is unchecked and if I check it, it auto-reverts back. I can't switch without forcing everyone in my environment offline though so I'm opting to wait for a fix. I'm on Jamf Pro 10.0.0, through testing in a dev environment I found out the bug is present back to Jamf version 9.99 but version 9.98 doesn't have it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

crbeck
Contributor

I had a support case open for the exact same issue. No solution, but I was given PI-004491 for it. Mine is stuck with the "Use as a Login Window Configuration" checked, but if I make a clone or another new 802.1x profile with the same settings, that "Use as a Login Window Configuration" box is unchecked and if I check it, it auto-reverts back. I can't switch without forcing everyone in my environment offline though so I'm opting to wait for a fix. I'm on Jamf Pro 10.0.0, through testing in a dev environment I found out the bug is present back to Jamf version 9.99 but version 9.98 doesn't have it.

Backoffice
New Contributor III

Thankyou for that, that makes a lot of sense. It's been driving me crazy as my initial test config with this setting did work, and then subsequent ones did not.

Very odd, I'll follow the issue. Did you happen to post it on these boards or was it through an email exchange with a Jamf representative?

crbeck
Contributor

Sorry I didn't follow up on this thread, I didn't post here on JamfNation, I went through Jamf Support email for the issue.

slapaglia
New Contributor

This ever get solved? Having the same issue and thinking this is whats causing everything to break on my end.

beatlemike
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Can we get this solved, this is a major issue. Wish @crbeck didn't mark it as solved.

crbeck
Contributor

@beatlemike The topic creator is the one that marked my answer as solved, can't pick my own answer as the solution as far as I know.

They did finally add it to the Known Issues part of the release notes for 10.3.0.

[PI-004491] The Use as a Login Window configuration checkbox fails to remain selected for computer configuration profiles with WPA2 Enterprise as security type.

I think I may have found a workaround while working on another profile though to fix mine being stuck checked. Edit the profile and change the Security Type in the Network Payload to WEP and put in something for the password (or probably any Security Type that doesn't have WPA2 Enterprise in it would work). Save it and tell Jamf to only distribute to newly assigned devices. Edit the profile again and change the Security Type back to whichever WPA2 Enterprise choice and fill in the rest of the settings as needed. The "Use as a Login Window configuration" box will be unchecked after you switch to WPA2 Enterprise and will remain so after hitting save. Confirmed on a couple test Macs in the Profiles preference pane that the profile no longer contains the Loginwindow key.

I don't know about a workaround to check it after it gets stuck unchecked though, mine is now stuck unchecked after that process.

JReinhart
New Contributor

This is still an issue for me as well and it is a huge showstopper. =(

beatlemike
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Got it @crbeck sorry, wish @Backoffice didn't mark it as solved then.

My work around was to edit the old profile I created in an old but updated Profile Manager instance we have running still, and import it, without changing it, into Jamf Pro. Pain in the rear if you don't have macOS Server running somewhere.