Skip to main content
Jamf Nation, hosted by Jamf, is a knowledgeable community of Apple-focused admins and Jamf users. If you like what you see, join us in person at the ninth annual Jamf Nation User Conference (JNUC) this October for three days of learning, laughter and IT love.

NetSUS Cannot connect to SMB share

I have set up NetSUS running on Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS, but I cannot figure out why I am not able to connect to its SMB share to upload the Netboot image.

I have verified that the firewall on the server is off.
I have double checked the user account.
I have double checked folder permissions are set correctly.

It doesn't even look like its trying to authenticate with the smbuser. But the smb logs are not showing anything and I am stumped.

Config file shows:

[NetBoot] comment = NetBoot path = /srv/NetBoot/NetBootSP0 valid users = smbuser write list = smbuser create mask = 0755 browseable = No

Folder Permissions:

drwxr-xr-x 2 smbuser root 4096 Oct 7 2016 NetBootSP0

Like Comment
Order by:
SOLVED Posted: by itupshot

I'm having a similar issue. It throws this error because it appends some other IP address to the actual IP address:

This server has a FQDN in our DNS servers, and it has a reservation in our DHCP server so it always gets the same address. I don't know what's going on with it, but it's annoying AF.

SOLVED Posted: by el2493

@itupshot, were you able to get this working? I'm getting the same error message. I also tried to connect via AFP and that connected, though it doesn't show any files.