Skip to main content
Jamf Nation, hosted by Jamf, is the largest Apple IT management community in the world. Dialog with your fellow IT professionals, gain insight about Apple device deployments, share best practices and bounce ideas off each other. Join the conversation.

Disable today view from iPads?

Hey folks
Is there a way to disable the today view from iPads?

Thanks

Like Comment
Order by:
SOLVED Posted: by were.wulff

Hi @1bigboomstick

If you go to Devices >> Configuration Profiles >> New >> Restrictions >> iOS >> Functionality, the very last option is Show Today view in Lock screen.

If unchecked, it should stop the Today View from showing up on devices that are scoped to the profile.

If that's not quite what you're looking for or doesn't seem to be working, please get in touch with Support for further assistance.

Thanks!
Were Wulff
Jamf Customer Experience

SOLVED Posted: by 1bigboomstick

Hey Wulff
First, thank you.
And ya, that's not quite what I was looking for. You know when you're logged into an iPad and you swipe left, and you get the today view there; that's where I'm having troubles removing it.... might be cool for personal devices, but not for our world. For us, the devices are usually shared by multiple students who could care less about the things displayed on that screen.
I'll try support, but my bet is that there is no way to remove it completely.

Thanks again
Deano

SOLVED Posted: by Marquies

Did you ever find a solution for this? I have a collection of shared devices I would like to have that removed from as well.

Jamf wants to hear your feedback around Jamf Pro: LDAP Servers and Reports!