Disable today view from iPads?

1bigboomstick
New Contributor III

Hey folks
Is there a way to disable the today view from iPads?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

Hi @1bigboomstick

If you go to Devices >> Configuration Profiles >> New >> Restrictions >> iOS >> Functionality, the very last option is Show Today view in Lock screen.

If unchecked, it should stop the Today View from showing up on devices that are scoped to the profile.

If that's not quite what you're looking for or doesn't seem to be working, please get in touch with Support for further assistance.

Thanks!
Were Wulff
Jamf Customer Experience

1bigboomstick
New Contributor III

Hey Wulff
First, thank you.
And ya, that's not quite what I was looking for. You know when you're logged into an iPad and you swipe left, and you get the today view there; that's where I'm having troubles removing it.... might be cool for personal devices, but not for our world. For us, the devices are usually shared by multiple students who could care less about the things displayed on that screen.
I'll try support, but my bet is that there is no way to remove it completely.

Thanks again
Deano

Marquies
New Contributor

Did you ever find a solution for this? I have a collection of shared devices I would like to have that removed from as well.

joehofirebolt
New Contributor

Also looking for a solution to this.

vitalij
New Contributor

same question, anyone managed to disable this?

sshort
Valued Contributor

@vitalij there's not really a way to entirely disable the Today view, but if you restrict/block the apps that place widgets in Today then that content doesn't appear. Check out this thread as an example for a school that wanted to block the News widget.

Tedthebellhop
New Contributor

Even having the apps for widgets restricted just leaves blank grey blobs in the today view left slide from the homescreen, while not a functionality impairment exactly it leaves our devices looking unprofessionally managed and sloppy. When I was taking the instructor led courses they kept pointing out all these things that admins should do to provide that professionally polished aesthetic to it's user base. The exclusion of controls that allow me to do that though is frustrating. New users especially keep asking if they can't use that functionality, why are we even allowing them to slide to it and see it left blank.