VPP - Device assignment - iOS

aburrow
Contributor

I've added a few applications to my VPP account which I can see in JSS but none of them appear to be Device assignable. Microsoft products in particular. I have to copy the URL from within App store and paste within VPP console. But even when I search using JSS I get the same thing.

Assuming this is correct, can someone suggest a free App I could use for testing?

If this isn't correct can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

bfrench
Contributor III

Most Microsoft apps look like they are labeled as device assignable.c1914a69c5fd4db2ac295768e1f836d8
Make sure to also select the box under the VPP tab to assign VPP content.749d91b2503d41e1a649405126e6c1cc

View solution in original post

aburrow
Contributor

Upon further investigation I found I was doing something wrong. Originally I was using the App Store on my Mac and copying the URL across (based on another forum post I found with searching issues in VPP).

I just tried doing the same thing but from an iPad. When I search in VPP now I get 3 options where as before I was only getting the one, which I had assumed was correct but was only for the Mac's.

The iOS version now automatically populates in JSS and I have the "Assign VPP Content" option.

Thanks bfrench for providing that little bit more info. pointed me to the solution.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

bfrench
Contributor III

Most Microsoft apps look like they are labeled as device assignable.c1914a69c5fd4db2ac295768e1f836d8
Make sure to also select the box under the VPP tab to assign VPP content.749d91b2503d41e1a649405126e6c1cc

aburrow
Contributor

I'm assuming the screen grab above is from JSS 10. We're still running 9.101 hoping to upgrade soon though.

I see this when I "Search VPP Content"

9c7d9380cbad49f0b7e5babfa0823b55

I'm not seeing 'Microsoft OneNote' auto populate under Mobile Device Apps, so I've been adding a new 'App Store app or VPP store app' in this case I search for "Microsoft OneNote" I have 3 TABS at the top VPP Store Apps is blank. It's the "New App" that doesn't allow me to Assign VPP Content.

aburrow
Contributor

Upon further investigation I found I was doing something wrong. Originally I was using the App Store on my Mac and copying the URL across (based on another forum post I found with searching issues in VPP).

I just tried doing the same thing but from an iPad. When I search in VPP now I get 3 options where as before I was only getting the one, which I had assumed was correct but was only for the Mac's.

The iOS version now automatically populates in JSS and I have the "Assign VPP Content" option.

Thanks bfrench for providing that little bit more info. pointed me to the solution.