"install MacOS High Siera is damaged and can't be used"

Asnyder
Contributor III

I'm receiving this message on one of my 2015 MacBook air's. I've tried using an installed that I previously downloaded for use with @bpavlov 's upgrade os script. I know this installer worked before, but now that message comes up. Fine, whatever, I'll just download a new one from the app store. The app store installer does the exact same thing. "This copy of Install macOS High Sierra application is damaged, and can't be used to install macOS". I am running a caching server but I wouldn't think that would be the problem?

EDIT: It mounts a dmg called "InstallESD" with a bunch of packages in it.

3 REPLIES 3

al786
New Contributor III

Is the time/date incorrect or maybe it doesn't have internet access? Whenever we use local USB installers for 10.13 I get that all the time but then I set the date manually in terminal.

Asnyder
Contributor III

It should have internet access. I'll double check today but I'm fairly sure it was plugged into ethernet via Thunderbolt dongle.

al786
New Contributor III

Check the date and time then, you can reset using terminal in recovery:

"
Set the Mac System Date Manually by Terminal Command
Another approach is to set the date manually from the command line by using the “date” command string, where date is in the [mm][dd]HH]MM[yy] format, which is Month Date Hour Minute Year without any separation. This looks something like:

date 0712122318

For that example, it would set the date as “July 12 2018 at 12:23”."