Google Drive File Stream dock item not working

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

I have a policy that installs Google Drive File Stream, and add the dock item to the dock (the .pkg also add the icon to the desktop). I noticed that the dock icon does not work but the desktop icon does work.

When I drag the icon to the 'volumes' section of the dock, it then works, finder window opens to the google drive file stream folder.

how do i get the dock item into that 'volumes' section of the dock? and have it display as a 'folder'? because if it displays as a 'stack' users will not be able to tell as easily that it is google drive folder

and what is the best command to delete the icon that gets created on the desktop?

3 REPLIES 3

claudiogardini
Contributor

Have a look at Dockutil to deploy the Icon to the Dock. To delete the File from the Desktop you can use the rm command. This would be a example to delete from the Desktop of the current user.

#!/bin/bash

currentUser=$(python -c 'from SystemConfiguration import SCDynamicStoreCopyConsoleUser; import sys; username = (SCDynamicStoreCopyConsoleUser(None, None, None) or [None])[0]; username = [username,""][username in [u"loginwindow", None, u""]]; sys.stdout.write(username + "
");')

echo "${currentUser}"

rm  "/Users/${currentUser}/Desktop/FILENAME"

exit 0

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

i'm not dealing with that dockutil

claudiogardini
Contributor

Why not? It's a great tool. Have a look at the examples here: https://github.com/kcrawford/dockutil