Skip to main content
Jamf Nation, hosted by Jamf, is a knowledgeable community of Apple-focused admins and Jamf users. Join us in person at the ninth annual Jamf Nation User Conference (JNUC) this November for three days of learning, laughter and IT love.

Show us your Self Service branding

I just upgraded to 10.2.1 and I'm drawing a blank for how I can brand our Self Service. I've sent the technical specifications of the icon and banner size to one of our graphic designers but without some samples of what is out there, we're kinda fumbling.

I've had a couple ideas for just boring company logo over a photo of our building. Blah. I've had another idea for a banner image that I can change out with static alerts like holiday hours, company events, special software updates that need users' attention. But I don't know how they would look with the Self Service window at different sizes. Unfortunately JamfPro doesn't give us a sandbox to play around in to preview things. (I'm struggling to get a test server working at the moment)

I know that the text overlay is white so our images have to have proper contrast for it to be seen, but I'd like to see some real-world examples. Let us see what you've got! :-)

Like Comment
Order by:
SOLVED Posted: by bobv

Everence Self Service

SOLVED Posted: by AVmcclint

Does the banner image get embedded within the app itself or is it called for from the server? That would help me decide how dynamic I can be with the banner image. If the app itself is updated every time I change the pic or icon, then I may have to rethink some ideas.

SOLVED Posted: by jalcorn

SOLVED Posted: by jmahlman

@AVmcclint If you ever change the icon or banner, it will pull it from the server when it opens and logs in next.

SOLVED Posted: by CapU

Putting a picture in there never even occurred to me! Done now

SOLVED Posted: by blackholemac

deleted...we're allowed to use internally but checked and can't post online because kids are on our branding...sorry

Here's what we ended up going with. It's a little bland for my tastes, but apparently our "company branding" needs to be uniform in all systems and all levels.

SOLVED Posted: by drventure

Work in progress! We are trying to use animated .gifs in the background but unfortunately they only load on server side :)

I believe animated GIFs and PNGs not working anywhere in Self Service is a known bug.

SOLVED Posted: by FritzsCorner

Is there anyway to change the font/text color for self service branding or are we just stuck with the defaults?

SOLVED Posted: by joshuasee
I believe animated GIFs and PNGs not working anywhere in Self Service is a known bug.

My understanding, based on my CCE class, was that animation was considered a bug since it resulted in the zooming icons effect if you converted an ICNS to PNG in Preview, and was deliberately removed.

SOLVED Posted: by joshuasee

More on topic, our Self Service is currently less adventurous:

SOLVED Posted: by chrisgreer

One of my fav parts of Jamf Pro is being able to brand Self Service. CEO loved it.

SOLVED Posted: by kerouak

SOLVED Posted: by adolfsson

Winter theme. Upvoted the FR about more settings for branding.

SOLVED Posted: by Hugonaut

After seeing everyone else, I kinda wanna step my game up now!

SOLVED Posted: by jalcorn

@Hugonaut that looks awesome

SOLVED Posted: by jhalvorson

Just a suggestion... Within Branding Name, enable Customize branding name and set the main header to:
CompanyName Self Service
(If you have "Self Service" in the Secondary header, you probably want to delete that.)
When user's have the application open, the entire header name "CompanyName Self Service" will appear in the Apple menu bar for the title of the active application instead of just "Self Service." The actual application name within finder will still be "Self Service".

SOLVED Posted: by jimderlatka

SOLVED Posted: by hjcao

SOLVED Posted: by mark.mahabir

SOLVED Posted: by jphillips

SOLVED Posted: by remus

SOLVED Posted: by easyedc

I branded the name of the App and got a lot of tickets about "my self service disappeared" because the name change moved it's alphabetical placement. Oops.

SOLVED Posted: by kyleblanc

SOLVED Posted: by wildfrog

SOLVED Posted: by dhanes

Does the dock icon for Self Service stay your custom logo after you close the app? I know at one point that was an issue.

@dhanes We're running 10.2.1 and the very first time you launch it and then quit it, it does stay as the default icon, but upon the 2nd launch it does change to the custom icon. On rare occasion I've seen it take 3 relaunches, but it's rock solid after that.

SOLVED Posted: by kyleblanc
@dhanes We're running 10.2.1 and the very first time you launch it and then quit it, it does stay as the default icon, but upon the 2nd launch it does change to the custom icon. On rare occasion I've seen it take 3 relaunches, but it's rock solid after that.

Seeing this same experience on 10.6.0

SOLVED Posted: by tblackwell

@tblackwell

"Software Center" for Mac

Ha! That makes me chuckle.

SOLVED Posted: by matin.logmein

SOLVED Posted: by neil.martin83

Oh, go on then!

SOLVED Posted: by supson

SOLVED Posted: by sdunbar

SOLVED Posted: by patgmac

SOLVED Posted: by GlobalHealingCenter

I'm glad this post is getting a lot of submissions. I hope it gives some ideas to others who are trying to come up with a good look.

SOLVED Posted: by nvandam

SOLVED Posted: by rderewianko

SOLVED Posted: by gabe2385

Looking at these I realized that if your company makes a Mac app and that dock is probably in most of your employee's Docks and that app's icon is a major part of your company's identity, you may want to slightly modify it before making it your Self Service icon. That way you don't have 2 of the same icon in the Dock confusing users.

SOLVED Posted: by cwaldrip

@matin.logmein How'd you get the banner area so tall? I thought it was limited to 1500 x 500px?

We try not to make it obvious what company our laptop belongs too since it can lead to the user literally being targeted by unfriendly governments or 'impolite' (ie. ISIS, etc) groups. So, the only obvious company branding is the small property tag on the bottom and it's one of our parent companies. But, if you look real close...

I'm hoping the Feature Request for more customization allows us to have a collection of images we can rotate through. We've got a ton of great images we could rotate through. I'd even be happy with an API...

SOLVED Posted: by UESCDurandal

SOLVED Posted: by maik.sanftenberg

SOLVED Posted: by raven.dover

SOLVED Posted: by aram

SOLVED Posted: by rfreeborn

SOLVED Posted: by geoffreykobrien

SOLVED Posted: by FeasiblePear

Go bulldogs!

SOLVED Posted: by mhegge

Move Mountains

SOLVED Posted: by pat.best

I really like the branding options in version 10!

SOLVED Posted: by djrich29

Late to the party, but here is ours!!.

SOLVED Posted: by Eyoung

SOLVED Posted: by jlramos

SOLVED Posted: by mconners

SOLVED Posted: by MichaelNash

SOLVED Posted: by sepiemoini

SOLVED Posted: by jarrod321

SOLVED Posted: by seanhansell

SOLVED Posted: by linuslarsson

SOLVED Posted: by LaMantia

SOLVED Posted: by martinwiden

Spring theme.

SOLVED Posted: by luke.michelson

SOLVED Posted: by npynenberg

SOLVED Posted: by mfurman

SOLVED Posted: by mickgrant

SOLVED Posted: by cbednarzwd

SOLVED Posted: by sharriston

These are awesome I'm jealous.

SOLVED Posted: by HBPAlex

SOLVED Posted: by nunezjim

SOLVED Posted: by cwilsonncaa

@mfurman @jarrod321 @matin.logmein @jimderlatka

Your banners seem enlarged compared to most, is there specific formatting for the enlarged look or am I just crazy?

SOLVED Posted: by adolfsson

@cwilsonncaa their screenshots are taken from within the server settings where you get a preview of the branding. The preview is a lot bigger than how the real Self Service looks.

SOLVED Posted: by pandrum

SOLVED Posted: by burdett

SOLVED Posted: by HBPAlex

@burdett Go Dawgs!

SOLVED Posted: by jchen1225

SOLVED Posted: by asegura

SOLVED Posted: by stephenb

This is ours. Not super adventurous, but it gets the job done :)

SOLVED Posted: by jstillio

Ok... I really need to make this look better after seeing the others.

(Edit) Upgraded !!!

SOLVED Posted: by jgsims

SOLVED Posted: by landon_Starr

SOLVED Posted: by defiler

SOLVED Posted: by txhaflaire

SOLVED Posted: by thomascosby

SOLVED Posted: by mlizbeth

Not sure I am happy with this..

SOLVED Posted: by simo2246

SOLVED Posted: by chrsan

SOLVED Posted: by mvu

SOLVED Posted: by mporter

SOLVED Posted: by WhippsT

It could be better... I only spent about 30 minutes on it when branding became a thing.

I'll admit that I do like to check this thread occasionally a) for ideas of what to do to my branding and b) to see what other cool companies (and schools) are using Macs.

SOLVED Posted: by gersteina1

We got some new artwork last year; looking good, Otus! (That's our mascot)

SOLVED Posted: by maclabsadmin

SOLVED Posted: by cnorrisAdmin

I change up the background from time to time with different pictures I take around the Getty

I wish we could rotate the background image through a couple of options on a scheduled basis (daily, weekly, etc). I wish I was better at scripting, but I don't even know if its available through the Jamf API. :-\

SOLVED Posted: by OGClayton

This is ours.

SOLVED Posted: by matin

SOLVED Posted: by ryan.martindale

SOLVED Posted: by bradtchapman

Question : after updating Self Service branding in the console, how do those changes propagate out to users? At the next check-in?

SOLVED Posted: by OGClayton

When the Self Service Application opens it checks in with Jamf and will update its branding.

SOLVED Posted: by Initialised

SOLVED Posted: by jefff

SOLVED Posted: by TLawrence

Anybody using a GIF for a background?

SOLVED Posted: by bradtchapman

Thanks @OGClayton. Does a Self Service notification including the custom app icon as well?