High Sierra Changes

Jason
Contributor II

Does anyone know of a more detailed list of changes that High Sierra introduces?
For example, telnet is gone. That's fine, I can work around that, but until I tried to use it I didn't realize it was removed. The MDM profile now needs to be manually approved by the user now if using UIE, so that process has to change. etc...

It's part of standard procedure when implementing a new OS to do functionality testing, so I'll eventually catch everything important. But if there are any good lists of other deltas then I think it would help speed things up for planning ahead.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

I believe that would rely on Apple to actually provide a release note with the OS. I'll keep waiting. Someone else here may provide a different answer, but trial and error seems to be the only way I find changes, though I can't speak for others. Generally that's why we're usually 6-9 months delayed rollout.

Jason
Contributor II

Yeah I didn't think it would come from Apple. Although they used to have a nice list of 3rd part open source products so I could do a delta of that. I haven't been able to find it again lately. Wasn't sure if any of the gurus here knew of a non-apple source that kept a list of what it's seen.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Yeah, Apple likes to now release these extremely generic and uninformative "200 New Features!" bullet points with their OS releases. Apparently mentioning up front what actually changed is a no-no for them now.

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

I know this isn't super cool and I would guess that most everyone does this already, but I search this doc with OS version numbers...12.0 or 13.4

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/featuredarticles/iPhoneConfigurationProfileRef/Introduction/Introduction.html

That finds all the new profiles and that starts me on my new "build"

C

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

And sadly a lot of the noted changes are just generic mentions at keynotes with no real deep-dive info on the changes.