After enrolling a Mac to JSS through quickadd.pkg, the mac loops into restart

rranjitkar
New Contributor

Hi,

We recently implemented JAMF. For the users who didn't want to wipe the computer, I enrolled them to JSS by downloading quickadd.pkg. So far it was working in all of OS version until last week. When enrolling a mac to JSS by installing quickadd.pkg, it gets all the policy. Then it restarts which is normal but then it keeps restarting the device over and over (never gets to login page). And this was on Sierra and High Sierra. The same device was enrolled through DEP (wipe and image). I tried to enroll a Mac with Yosemite and it work without any error. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
RR

1 REPLY 1

aalberty
New Contributor III

I had a similar experience with two of our users.

1. The first issue that I ran into had some curious symptoms; the install looked like it went fine, but then the user's machine would reboot every 5 minutes or so causing them to lose work the first couple of times that it happened. I thought perhaps I got a bad install package, so I tried the enrollment process a second time via terminal on the user's machine with --verbose flag i.e. 'sudo jamf enroll --verbose' and wound up finding that they already had an MDM profile on their machine which caused the Jamf MDM profile to not be installed. I removed the pre-existing MDM profile (something that Comcast threw on their machine for god knows why), and did the quick install package enrollment again, and it worked like a charm.

2. Unfortunately, I never caught what the second issue was because the user manually power cycled the machine before I could get my hands on it/take a look at what they were seeing, and the power cycle seemed to fix whatever issue they had. Their symptoms were a bit different though; they said that their machine would reboot (play the boot up noise) in rapid succession (every 1-3 seconds), but never actually boot up. This enrollment was via quick add package as well, but I haven't run into any more issues with them down the line that seem related at all.

Both of these instances were on High Sierra.