Iphone - send pictures as attachement

KRIECCO
Contributor

Don´t know if this is the right forum to ask, but I have a issue I simply cannot solve - even it should be quite easy.

For some reason, when sending mails and I want to send some pictures, the pictures is not attached anymore - but inserted direct in the mail

I have googled a lot on this issue and some claim it is something with signature etc, but still it does not help anything. I have try and update to latest 11.2.6 IOS , but it is still the same issue

Do any have a clue how to change such an "simple" setting

3 REPLIES 3

Macdaddyohbob
New Contributor II

I find the whole way of adding an attachment in Mail to be the most unobvious thing I've ever seen anyway, but totally agree that sometimes I don't want an inline image. I've tried this in the Mail, Gmail and Outlook apps in iOS 11.2.5, sending to my work Gmail account, and all displayed as inline when composing. This is with no signature at all. I also see no setting in any app that allow for a "send pictures as attachments." On the recipient end they all allowed for easily downloading the image, and the one from Mail appeared as an attachment with preview while the others were truly inline with the body. I also sent an email from the Gmail website in Safari on the iPhone and on the receiving end it showed like the Mail version, an attachment with preview. So it looks like Mail is treating the pic as an attachment even though it looks inline when composing, but may depend on the client email as to how it looks on the other end.

dbrownlee
New Contributor

I'm having several users stating that they are unable to send mail that includes a picture (s).

Jamf version - 10.39.1

iOS 12.5.5 and 12.6

Size of picture - any size from KB to MB

Violet8282
New Contributor

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this unliked many other email apps, Gmail for iPhone doesn't offer a direct way to attach photos without them being inserted inline within the email body. However, there are a couple of workarounds you can try:-

Solution 1:- Change Selection Method

1. Compose a new email in Gmail on your iPhone.
2. Tap the paperclip icon to attach a file.
3. Instead of selecting photos directly from the "Photos" option, navigate to a different folder like "Documents" or "Recent."
4. Locate the "Photos" shortcut at the bottom of the menu. This shortcut will allow you to select photos and attach them as separate files.
5. Choose the images you want to send and tap "Open."
Solution 2:- Share from Photos App

1. Open the Photos app and select the images you want to send.
2. Tap the "Share" icon (square with an upward arrow).
3. Scroll down and choose "Gmail."
4. Compose your email and add any text content.
5. By default, the selected photos will be attached as separate files, not inserted inline.

Follow for more instruction below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iD7uuo2f7A&ab_channel=TheGeekPage