Re-assign mac hardware to another employee

nchalakov
New Contributor

Hello, can someone tell me what is the best practice for re-assigning mac hardware to another employee. We have some company re-org going on and some people are changing positions. One of the side effect is that in their current position and department they were issued mac hardware (iMac & MacBook Pro). They are shifting to a dept that uses windows machines so the mac needs to stay where it is. I am in a need to re-assign the hardware to another employee. The mac has been already enrolled with DEP and its in JAMF and has config profiles installed etc. I can wipe the mac, delete the records in JAMF and start over with a new install but that would take some time. I was wondering if there is another way, or best practices to manage this situation with JAMF, and with a minimum evolvement on my side. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

davidhiggs
Contributor III

I would review the changes in macOS 10.13.4 when it's released, there will be some new workflows available which could help you do this through Self Service or triggered remotely.
blog post example here