Company device and BYOD policy

KRIECCO
Contributor

Defining a company device and BYOD policy, do any have some good input or "template". I know there exist different policies for different company´, but do any have some good links etc with information how to define

Fx. For mobile devices in a company - what is "typical" restriction that is set on a company phone
Also for BYOD - what is the most typical setup

Know it is a topic here that can be defined many ways and there is no right or wrong, but would just like to have some input to kickstart the policy

1 REPLY 1

Look
Valued Contributor III

I don't know our whole policy but here are a few things that I know exist in ours or that we want/are working on.

Email access on phones etc... requires the phone to accept a profile that allows remote wipe and enforces an unlock code for the device.
Desktop/Laptop devices are required to be OS updated and running up to date Antivirus.
They are also restricted to VLANS with internet access only so can't directly see any other devices (you would need to VPN back in or use the appropriate web interfaces to get to any internal resources you might require).
Encryption and no automatic sign in if email is configured or other work data is on the device.