Trend Micro Kernel extension issues

Macmacmark
New Contributor III

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone is using Trend and having issues with navigating the kernel extension approval changes. I talked to Jamf support and as usual they have been more than great, their suggestion is to allow users to approve Kernel extensions via config profile, and enter the Team ID for Trend...However, Trend does not want to give me their Team ID and they state that Apple no longer allows their software to be pushed via "Third Party tool". If anyone is also going through this, or has a solution, I would love to hear from you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

allanp81
Valued Contributor

@isenorma I've added it to the google docs that has been listed on other threads: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IWrbE8xiau4rU2mtXYji9vSPWDqb56luh0OhD5XS0AM/edit#gid=0

Seems to be working for us, in so much as Trend then works once user has approved MDM etc.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

allanp81
Valued Contributor

@isenorma I've added it to the google docs that has been listed on other threads: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IWrbE8xiau4rU2mtXYji9vSPWDqb56luh0OhD5XS0AM/edit#gid=0

Seems to be working for us, in so much as Trend then works once user has approved MDM etc.

PhillyPhoto
Valued Contributor

Google drive link for the lazy lol

Awesome spreadsheet btw!

Macmacmark
New Contributor III

Thank you! @allanp81 .I don't know how I didn't stumble upon that info already, I've been looking all over the internet for this info.

dstranathan
Valued Contributor II

When you need to add another vendor/ID to the KEXT whietlist, do you simply upload a new profile on top of the existing and push out the changes, or do you unscope and repalce the existing profile with a new profile? I have never beeen clear on the best practices of editing Mac MDM profiles on-the-fly.

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

You should be able to get the Team ID via the Extensions listing in System Information

ewinterbourne
New Contributor III

The Trend Team ID is E8P47U2H32 for anyone else looking for it

e49b8714089d42d4a5ed682b56340c11