Issue with getting policy to fire off for Adobe Creative Cloud 2018 applications

fsteffy
New Contributor

Hi again! As I was shown during my onsite training, we downloaded an Adobe Creative Cloud 2018 app via packager, built the package and then uploaded the installer pkg from the Build folder the packager created. JAMF Pro made this a zip file and at the time was successful in installing it to the test client computer I had. However, I discovered that the policy doesn't seem to work, although the smart computer group does seem able to determine that the software is missing from the test client. Am I missing something in the set up? At one time I had to do the rather complicated step of running the install for Adobe through the composer snapshot. Is this still the preferred method or can I upload to the package area these packages as I've built them in Adobe CC packager?

1 REPLY 1

Look
Valued Contributor III

You shouldn't need to snapshot for Adobe CC 2018, the pkg that comes out of the packager should work directly out of JAMF as long as your on a fairly recent version.
One thing to note though the Adobe installer will completely reverse out of the installation if it fails for any reason and if there are remnants of another Adobe installation present it will almost always fail!
Try the deployment on a totally clean machine and see if this works, if it does there are probably components floating around on the other machines of a previous installation.
To remove it you basically need to remove all the Adobe components in Applications and Utilities and then run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner which you can download from Adobe, this you will need to push the machine and then envoke from the command line using a script or similar.