Self Service item to re-apply configuration profile (DEP)

mapurcel
Contributor III

Anyone know of a way to enable an end user to re-apply an individual config profile through Self Service? The only way I can think of is to remove and then re-add them to the scope of the profile but that seems a little cumbersome..

Use case: sometimes when a keychain gets reset the certs delivered through a config profile are deleted and need to be re-applied.

thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

McLeanSchool
New Contributor III

Same here, I've always just unscoped them and rescoped them. This has proven to be dangerous in the case of wireless config profiles. There have been two incidents where I clicked "redistribute to all" instead of "redistribute to only newly assigned users", and suddenly I have 150 MacBooks drop off the network. Granted, I can throw up a new open SSID so they have a connection to connect to Jamf, but that makes for a very not fun day.

Chris_B
New Contributor III

If the Certs are being removed you could possibly create a smart group that they fall in and it can all be done automatically. You may have to create your own Extention Attribute for this to work.

Try creating a smart group which recognises machines that dont have these certs or have had the Keychain reset then they drop into that group and have the profile is re applied.