kickstart command not working

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

I'm trying to add another user (user3) to ssh access, but for some reason when I run the kickstart command it still doesn't gain ssh access. can someone help tweak my command?

/System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -activate -configure -access -on -users user1,user2,user3 -privs -all -restart -agent -menu
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

dzogrim
New Contributor III

Hi,

kickstart -- Quickly uninstall, install, activate, configure, and/or restart components of Apple Remote Desktop without a reboot.

I think your command is OK for the user3 to use ARD and do some tasks… you could check.
But did you try to check if the users are in the authorized group for SSH access?

/usr/bin/dscl . -read /Groups/com.apple.access_ssh

Maybe you can add users or a group of users in this group… so they will have access.
You also may want to be sure SSH is running:

systemsetup -setremote login on

View solution in original post

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

@dzogrim thank you, it looks like the user isn't added to the com.apple.access_ssh group

thank you!

dseditgroup -o edit -a user3 -T group com.apple.access_ssh

now it shows up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

dzogrim
New Contributor III

Hi,

kickstart -- Quickly uninstall, install, activate, configure, and/or restart components of Apple Remote Desktop without a reboot.

I think your command is OK for the user3 to use ARD and do some tasks… you could check.
But did you try to check if the users are in the authorized group for SSH access?

/usr/bin/dscl . -read /Groups/com.apple.access_ssh

Maybe you can add users or a group of users in this group… so they will have access.
You also may want to be sure SSH is running:

systemsetup -setremote login on

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

@dzogrim thank you, it looks like the user isn't added to the com.apple.access_ssh group

thank you!

dseditgroup -o edit -a user3 -T group com.apple.access_ssh

now it shows up!