Apple Classroom Errors

Tolandese
Contributor

We are seeing a wide variety of issues with Apple Classroom that started this week. Using App version 2.2 on the most recent iPad 9.7" that came out last summer. Ad hoc class creation.

Issue: students unable to join a class, option does not appear in settings. Attempted fix: restart device, update iOS, reset network settings, wipe and restore iPad, wipe iPad fresh without a restore. These have each worked for different iPads. No consistent solution

Issue: teacher has created classes disappear. When attempting to add students, 15/20 receive the invite (for example). Delete the class and try adding again, now those 5 missing can join but another 6 can't.
Attempted fix: Update app, restart device, reset network settings, wipe and restore, full wipe no restore.

Essentially, it is all over the board the issues we are seeing and cannot pinpoint a consistent solution. My main concern is that the issue is growing and we don't want to be doing this dance on 1,500 iPads one at a time just to make this work. Has anyone else experienced this issue and has a solution?

5 REPLIES 5

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

Was iOS updated on the teacher iPads?

Tolandese
Contributor

Yes, knew I forgot something in there. I did file a report with apple this morning as well.

galionschools
Contributor

We've seen some similar behavior in our case it's strictly on the students end. The class just doesn't appear in settings despite extensive troubleshooting on both the teacher and student device. Configurator console logs for an effected device show certificate and some other misc errors, but nothing that stands out. A full reset (i.e. no backup then restore) is necessary to regain communication with Classroom.

I have one that's in a building administrators office for some inappropriate content with the no classes issue. Once I get it from him I'll run it through Configurator and see what the console logs say to see if I see a pattern.

MartinK
New Contributor

Was wipe and set up fresh the only resolution. I’ve got several iPads having this same issue to start this year.

marmitage
New Contributor

We are having this again here. Was the wipe setup the only cure we have 600 and don't want a one by deal if we can avoid it.