List of Automatically updated iOS apps with sync time - Possible?

rickhamilton620
New Contributor III

I've been tasked with coming up with a list of our apps that are set to auto update, along with the sync times, so we can better spread out the updates overnight.

Is there a way to generate a report like this from the JSS or will I need to go app by app and check/record the sync time?

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

m_donovan
Contributor III

If you are comfortable working in the DB. You should be able to get that info from MySQL. This select statement will get you a list of apps that are set to auto update.

select mobile_device_app_id, app_name from mobile_device_apps where keep_description_and_icon_up_to_date=1 and deleted=0;

There may be a field for update time in the mobile_device_apps table. I will take a look in the AM if you are interested.

rickhamilton620
New Contributor III

Thanks dude! If you could please look into that field, that'd be awesome! :)

m_donovan
Contributor III

Sorry, I did not get this yesterday things got busy at work. There is an itunes_sync_time field that gives you the sync time in epoch time. Such as 36300 is 10:05am. Here is a select statement that should get you what you need. If you are using workbench you can export the results to a spreadsheet. Please use with caution and if possible try it out in a test environment first. I hope this helps.

select mobile_device_app_id, app_name, itunes_sync_time from mobile_device_apps where keep_description_and_icon_up_to_date=1 and deleted=0;

rickhamilton620
New Contributor III

Awesome! Thanks so much, yeah I'll definitely run it in a test environment first.

kcrowl
New Contributor II

Did this work? I'm in need of the same type of thing.