JSSImporter - Bypass Distribution Points?

nikgio
New Contributor III

I'm very new to using autopkg(r) and I'm just now integrating it into our JSS. When I run "autopkg run -v Firefox-testing.jss" I've cleared up a few error codes but am stuck at one of them. I understand the cause of the error I'm getting - the question I have is at the end of this post. I'm at "Error mounting url [distribution point url]: None. Nothing downloaded, packaged or imported." It looks like our DP is down. We have 10 DP's, one at each of the other schools, and they go down frequently (some schools have weak power issues, some have non-working UPS's, etc.). Please don't critique this - these causes are not anything I can prevent or necessarily fix. But in our JSS we have a failover DP configured that's reliable, so it doesn't really interrupt what I need to do, and I don't generally have to drop everything to go to whatever school to boot it back up.

The question is, can I not run these recipes on our main JAMF server and online distribution points if one is offline? The smart group has been created, but no package has been uploaded. Is there a way to continue running the recipe if a distribution point can't mount?

I tried removing JSS_Repos array from the plist entirely, but the recipe still gives me the same error. Is there a way to bypass the DPs and just upload it to the primary server? I'll manually sync the DPs if needed - I kind of do that anyway...

1 REPLY 1

nikgio
New Contributor III

I figured it out. I used autopkgr to remove all the DPs, rather than just deleting them out of the plist.