iOS Auto Install Apps do not install and show in Self Service

FutureFacinLuke
Contributor II

Hi,

I have a suite of 18 Apps (approx 2.5GB) that get Auto Installed to newly set up iPads.

The Apps are scoped to a Group which is populated by all devices that go through that Pre-Stage enrolment and are set to Auto Install and not show in Self Service after installation.

This had been working nicely until recently. We did some stress testing on our Access Points, 20 devices would load a single AP to about 75% so enough to affect local traffic during an outage but nothing critical. Networks say nothing has changed internally firewalls rules etc... We are not using caching servers.

I have recently updated Apps & Books in School Manager and I was seeing VPP numbers dropping to Zero briefly. Not sure if either have any relevance but these are recent changes that coincide with the problem.

So now all the small apps install but the larger apps (Office) fail to install but show up on the iPad in Self Service and can be manually installed.

If I de-scope, Save, re-scope, Save the affected Mobile Device Apps or un-tick Assign VPP Content, Save, tick Assign VPP Content, Save they will begin to deploy (usually), but the same thing may happen to the next device.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour before?

Any idea what steps to take to prevent this from happening in the first place?

0 REPLIES 0