All self Service Icon links broken after upgrade to Jamf 10.x

kerouak
Valued Contributor

As above?
Anyone else seen this? Any way of a quick fix??

We have loads of Self Sevice policies and don't really want to go replacing every one of then?

ta

4 REPLIES 4

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

@kerouak This may sound bad, but I had this happen once during an upgrade. My answer that ultimately fixed it was to "re-do" the upgrade. Not all of the files got set up properly. In our case we were doing a manual install, but the same thing could just as easily happen with an installer. One of the tasks of installing the JSS is to "unpack" or "explode" the ROOT.war file. In my case it didn't properly get unpacked. I might suggest is repeating the process again, you may see better results.

kerouak
Valued Contributor

Ta, Thankfully, I've only upgraded our "DEV" Servers.

In that case, I think I'll do a 'manual" Installation.. That'll ensure the ROT.war file does what it should.

cheers!

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

I would be VERY CAREFUL about moving to a new installation method...paths of files change, server.xml has to be handcrafted, databases have to be repointed, Tomcat has to be manually installed and tweaked, etc.

Before you move to a new installation method, simply try uninstalling (you do have a good backup of everything, right?) the JSS, cleaning up filesystem cruft, in my case hard booting the server, and then reinstall it. Maybe you just had some bad luck?

As for using a manual install, it's an okay thing to do if you have a reason to do it or just really want to do it. The ONLY reason I do is because I host two JSS instances on my cluster (a multi-context environment). The installer was not designed to provide that configuration.

kerouak
Valued Contributor

It's no problem mate, I've carried out manual installs many a time...

Thanks for your concern though... :-)

cheers!