How is Jamf 10.5 working for you ?

rcorbin
Contributor II

We are currently still running 10.3.1. We skipped 10.4.x. I haven't really seen much news about 10.4 or 10.5 on how it's running out there. I assume that no news is good news.

11 REPLIES 11

a_simmons
Contributor II

We went from 10.3.x to 10.5.x skipping 10.4.x as well. We've had not issues since the upgrade last week. Our JSS is cloud hosted.

lunddal
Contributor

I haven't had any issues with 10.5.

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

I am currently having issues with imaging, as it seems now that the "enrollment complete" trigger looks for failures and then reruns the enrollment complete policy check until there are no errors which is not ideal for our environment. Perhaps this was asked for, but it is messing up our imaging process. On the phone now with Jamf Support to look further into this.
Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Mika-L
New Contributor II

Encountered issues with the SSL Cert and the enrollment complete trigger as well and ended up having indefinite loop of enrollment. Created a case with Jamf Pro to investigate further.

noahdowd
Contributor

@Xerendor I might be having similar issues to you. Getting lots of security errors and invalid device signatures. I have a support case open as well.
Is your server on Linux by any chance? Are you seeing high CPU usage by mysql and an extremely sluggish admin interface? I'm trying to determine if this is related to the SSL issues.

ShaunRMiller83
Contributor III

As some of the others have posted. We also had issues with our SSL Cert and the enrollment complete trigger.

simon_brown
New Contributor III

@gshackney Where does it mention about the change to the enrolment trigger in 10.5?

I'm also now getting an infinite loop whilst enrolling. Because our first policy is triggered with enrolment and the last policy (via custom trigger) restarts the Mac, I'm finding the Mac is now endlessly rebooting. Also have a support request open however so far haven't found a solution.

simon_brown
New Contributor III

@ShaunRMiller83 Hi Shaun, you mentioned had issues with your SSL Cert... did you find a solution to this?

Mika-L
New Contributor II

Hey @noahdowd

No, we are currently using Jamf cloud instance hence I cannot really see the MySQL server activity or the Apache Tomcat at the moment.

I’ve provided additional consolidated feedback to Jamf regarding this and recommend others would create case too.

Mika-L
New Contributor II

Hey folks,

After few scenarios and tests, I cannot seem to rid of the enrollment loop and the SSL cert/Keychain errors that follows with it. The tests are done with fresh installed macs and the object is deleted from the JSS.

I've provided additional logs to Jamf to look in to the core issue of this.

mahadeva83
New Contributor II

@Xerendor We are planning to upgrade our JAMF pro to 10.5 from 10.1 and it is running in Windows server. We are using external SSL certificate. While upgrading do we need to take any extra precautions to preserve SSL settings or we can follow normal upgrade steps to do this apart from Database backup.