Patch Management Minimum OS incorrect - Google Chrome 68

mwoodard87
New Contributor III

Hello.

The patch management for Google Chrome minimum OS needs to be updated to 10.10 as of version 68. We just bricked a bunch of student machines running 10.9 with chrome.

https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/7100626?hl=en

7 REPLIES 7

pscanlan
New Contributor

Same request, thank you!

Patrick Scanlan
San Jose Unified School District

robinsonjo
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @mwoodard87 and @pscanlan for bringing this to our attention. We're fixing it now.

Thanks!

Jon

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@mwoodard87 You might want to file this as a Feature Request

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@robinsonjo While you're in the patch management definitions would you mind fixing the missing Must Quit apps for Skype for Business I just submitted a FR on? Thanks.

robinsonjo
Contributor
Contributor

@sdagley - Yeah, I saw that come in too, thanks for letting us know. The Google Chrome fix we can implement right away, the Skype for Business one we'll have to test a little bit more to make sure it's working exactly. Would you happen to have the release notes that show the apps that must quit for Skype for Business. Is it for all versions of Skype or just newer ones?

These can be considered bugs that we've made tickets on now. Both of them.

Thanks!

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@robinsonjo If you open the Skype for Business meta-package with Pacifist and examine the Distribution file it contains you'll see an array of must-close app IDs (I forgot to list Lync in that FR). I don't know when the requirement was added, but I found out the hard way that the installer runs and doesn't report an error when deployed via a Policy and any of those apps are running. Unfortunately the Skype for Business team declined to address that issue when we submitted a complaint via Microsoft Premier support.

robinsonjo
Contributor
Contributor

@sdagley - The fix to Google Chrome has been implemented and you should see it anytime.

Skype for Business is currently in the works but is going to be a bit more QA intensive. We will provide feedback on the specific Skype discussion created when we have more information.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we appreciate your patience as we work on it.

Thanks!!

Jon