Mac Cleaner Comparison

Chicken_Dinner
New Contributor II

Hi, we have around 70 Mac devices and their performance are not the best after resetting and putting external SSD as the main boot.

To improve it, I have been thinking of several Mac cleaner software for our environments and I think Clean My Mac 3 and Dr. Cleaner, these two are the best.

So... do you recommend using this cleaner software in a production environment? If you do, which software do you prefer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sjha967
New Contributor II

Hi,

I won't recommend to go with third party tool to improve the production machines. It's better to go with manual process to del them else create script what you like to clear.

Make script and put on Self Service to run by user itself whenever they want.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

walt
Contributor III

for a business enterprise or small, seems like a bad idea in my personal opinion to run the boot drive externally. I would also avoid any of those 3rd party tools and figure out what exactly these Macs are being used for and clean up unnecessary applications and promote better habits of use.

You can use daisy disk to get an idea of what is taking up space. also how old is this hardware you are running SSDs externally? you may need to look at the device specs as well.

Chicken_Dinner
New Contributor II

@walt Hi, thanks for your opinion. Most of our devices are 2012~2014 so pretty outdated, and my boss is not going to change them in 2~3 years still. So I had to look for the easiest and cheapest way to make desktops better... I guess 'Daisy Disk' is to check the space of HDD not about the performance. Is there any recommendation for checking more that?

sjha967
New Contributor II

Hi,

I won't recommend to go with third party tool to improve the production machines. It's better to go with manual process to del them else create script what you like to clear.

Make script and put on Self Service to run by user itself whenever they want.

Chicken_Dinner
New Contributor II

@sjha967 Hi Thanks for the reply.

Could you give me some example of scripts? What would be helpful for these cases?