Sophos 9.6.7 Managed by Enterprise Console Installation fails on High Sierra

msnowdon
Contributor

Hi, I browsed through several forums before posting this. I created a dmg file that contains the Sophos Installer.app & Sophos Installer Components folder.

My policy places the dmg at to /private/tmp/Sophos.
Then a script runs to install it:
/private/tmp/Sophos/Sophos Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/tools/InstallationDeployer --install

It would constantly fail on High Sierra. I came across the article regarding how Deploy Studio changes the permissions on the Library folder, so I fixed that by added a script to fix the permissions at the end of my workflow.

That works fine.

I also have a Configuration Profile which allows Sophos as an allowed Approved Kernel Extension.

Everything seemed fine until Sophos 9.6.7.

Now after all of that it fails with:
Error writing: (/usr/local/bin/SophosUpdate) "The file SophosUpdate couldnt be saved in the folder "bin"."

I even tried adding these lines to my install script:
sudo chmod a+x /private/tmp/Sophos/Sophos Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Installer
sudo chmod a+x /private/tmp/Sophos/Sophos Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/tools/InstallationDeployer

which I saw in an article 120570 relating to Sophos Central.

Nothing seems to work. Should I pre-create the folder it is looking for? Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks

Mark

2 REPLIES 2

asegura
Contributor

@msnowdon I'm running into the same issue. If anybody has a fix would love to hear it.

msnowdon
Contributor

Still having this issue. I even recreated the package but it always fails with: Error writing: (/usr/local/bin/SophosUpdate) "The file SophosUpdate couldnt be saved in the folder "bin"."