After Mojave upgrade machine is enrolled in Apple Beta?

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

I acquired the Mojave installer using installmacos.py and when I run though and upgrade and check the software updates in sys pref, the window says checking for updates, and after it finishes checking the screen changes to say I'm participating in the developer program…

828c4be62fb844b6895a303c0dec8e45

d20b56dbd23b4fdda35f2a854f4374bd

9 REPLIES 9

rderewianko
Valued Contributor II

What build of the OS are you running?
18A391 or 18A389?

Lotusshaney
Contributor II

Same here.

I have downloaded Mojave’s from the AppStore and it’s byte for byte the same as the one produced by the script.

Problem only happens in an upgrade. If autodmg is used no url is set and it is fine.

Also using defaults delete to remove the url fixes the problem

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

@rderewianko should be 391…

@Lotusshaney so it's not my imagination?

Lotusshaney
Contributor II

Build is 391 and no its not just your imagination!

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

i downloaded from the mac app store and ran an upgrade w/o it being enrolled in the beta. So maybe something that the script is running when it downloads.
I'll open a bug on the git page.

mconners
Valued Contributor

Hello @jwojda I had the same problem. The thing is, I downloaded it on a Mac that at a previous time was enrolled in the BETA program. I have since downloaded it on a Mac that ISN'T in the BETA program. We will see if this fixes it for me.

Lotusshaney
Contributor II

I’ve done the same and I Think it may of fixed the problem. Let us know what you find

mconners
Valued Contributor

Will do @Lotusshaney, I'm in the process of running it back through now. For some reason though, with our test Mac and loading Mojave, the time it takes to check in and receive deployments is very long and it appears, the computer will timeout and not check in for a VERY long time, like hours.

Even though the setting for checking in is at 15 minutes. High Sierra is just fine. It is Mojave that seems to be the issue. I have resorted to using Jamf Remote to force a recon or policy in order for the Mac to check in and begin installing apps again.

I'll get back to you all shortly.

mconners
Valued Contributor

Hello @Lotusshaney and @jwojda I can confirm, the newly downloaded Mojave on a Mac NOT enrolled in the BETA program works fine. I still have issues with the darned user template folder causing issues, but that is for another discussion.