NoMad - removing Home Sharepoint option under File Servers

terry_jolley
New Contributor II

We are testing NoMad (free version) and it has been going very well. We recently have begun configuring the SMB shares mapping using the menu.nomad.shares config. When that configuration profile is applied to a computer via JAMF, we see our expected File Shares menu within NoMad, however, there is also an option that reads "Home Sharepoint". Is there a way to remove that option from the File Services menu select in NoMad? We do not use SharePoint here and it could confuse people. See screenshot.

6180d8019d454917a488d8ed1b60325a

Thank you for your advice.

7 REPLIES 7

terry_jolley
New Contributor II

Nevermind.. Issue seems to have resolved itself after applying menu.nomad.shares to new config prof in jamf.

Just_Jack
Contributor

The word "Sharepoint" here is misleading.
They actually mean the User's Network drive?
We renamed our from using the Sharepoint name as we do use SharePoint.
Edit your com.trusourcelabs.NoMAD.plist
add this entry:
<key>MenuHomeDirectory</key> <string>Network Home</string>
Use what ever name you want in the String.

AndreasRumpl
New Contributor III

If you want to remove the "Home Sharepoint", just remove the following part from the menu.nomad.shares.plist

<key>HomeMount</key>
     <dict>
          <key>Groups</key>
          <array>
               <string>All</string>
          </array>
          <key>Mount</key>
          <true/>
          <key>Options</key>
          <array/>
     </dict>

dario
New Contributor

I have the same problem, how can I remove the Network Home from the menu under File Servers ?
Thank you!

PE2000
Contributor

Question

Are you able to use apple login window with Nomad?

Whats the set up process?

Thanks!!!

dario
New Contributor

I'm working with NoMad Login and I have disabled most of the menu under Nomad, see attached image. I do have another problem at login Nomad doesn't automatically sign in any need to click on the app. All the plist are pushed trough Jamf via configuration profile.
6cb63e012e024b91a97a65311f46196b

Musicmaker
Contributor

We have script that creates the Nomad settings.
One of the lines is this one:
su "$currentuser" -c "defaults write com.trusourcelabs.NoMAD ShowHome -bool true"

I am testing with the same script and change 'true' to 'false'

So I reinstalled a macBook and at enrollment this new settings is also pushed. 
After Sign in in Nomad the Home Sharepoint is still visible.
When I open the com.trusourcelabs.NoMAD.plist I see this:
<key>ShowHome<key>
</false>

Are there any other options to get rid of 'Home Sharepoint'? The reason we don't want this Home Sharepoint is because all our employees are migrated from their DFS home to Onedrive. 
If Home Sharepoint can't be deleted should it be possible to redirect to "Onedrive - Name of company" ?