PreStage Enrollment Delay This Morning

zinkotheclown
Contributor II

I was trying to add some computers to a PreStage Enrollment this morning.

Before I submit a ticket to Jamf, has anyone experience a long delay in "Looking Up Devices" and a even longer delay in adding devices (seems to be spinning even now)?

2 REPLIES 2

rhooper
Contributor III

Yes, long delays of 30-160 seconds was not abnormal. and now the pre-satge we currently have is telling me that is cannot contact the MDMenrollment.apple.com to add or delete devices.

working on it now with JAMF.

Look
Valued Contributor III

In our environment this process over the course of several months took longer and longer until it had stretched right out to several hours! We didn't really deal with it as DEP was only in testing at that point for us.
We then updated our JSS (which also involved restarts and a DB update as well I believe) and the problem disappeared completely. No idea as to the underlying cause, but we have since been through several more updates and have a lot more DEP activity than previously without the issue ever resurfacing.
I think we were on something like 10.1 to 10.3 when we had the issue, upgrading to the 10.5 I think is when it disappeared, we are currently on 10.7.1 without issues.