Runtime problem with policies. Permission denied

gestionnairecfp
New Contributor

I create a policies for installing software at logon but it never works. It always gives me the following error:

Actions from policy log:
Executing Policy Software
Mounting Jamf Distribution
cp: /Volumes/Distribution/Packages/AdobeAIR.dmg: Permission denied

Error: The package (AdobeAIR.dmg) could not be found.
Installing Java ...
Closing package ...
cp: /Volumes/Distribution/Packages/silverlight.pkg: Permission denied

Error: The package (silverlight.pkg) could not be found.

Do you have an idea of ​​the problem. And sorry for my English a bit blurry because I am French.

2 REPLIES 2

mwilkerson
New Contributor III

I was seeing this as well, but only from some clients that were installing from less heavily used Distribution Points.

I confirmed that the DPs were being shared properly, that the credentials stored in the JSS were accurate, etc.

I tried manually mounting the DP from the affected client and then try to run the package manually, but I got the error:

"The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.) Couldn’t open “package_name.pkg”."

I can confirm that my issue was with the permissions of the DP not being completely applied to all of the items within. In my case, the DP was a Mac mini sharing the folder from a second hard drive inside. On that machine, I selected the Shared folder (the DP), Get Info, then chose to "Apply to enclosed items" in the permissions section. Once I did that, my problems went away.

rhoward
Contributor

I've seen this on occasion with the package itself. Try running a sudo chmod 755 /path/to/package before you upload it to your distribution point.