Unable to configure Apple TV

Taylor_Armstron
Valued Contributor

Trying to get our 1st aTV into Jamf, and getting nowhere. Unfortunately, the KB article I've found here seems out-dated, as it is still suggesting that the configuration will be done over USB.

Here is what I'm seeing:

I've created an enrollment profile in the Jamf console, basic settings, nothing special.

Performed a full reset on the aTV itself.

When the aTV reboots, it comes up in Paired Devices, and I can pair successfully.

I can select the aTV within Configurator 2, and then hit "Prepare".

I can step through each of the steps, and all appears to go through.

I then turn to the aTV, step through until I get to the "Remote Management" screen. It recognizes the profile, I select "Apply Configuration" and then I get an error stating that

The aTV shows up in Apple Configurator 2 (2.7.1, fwiw).
I can select it, and hit "Prepare". I chose "Manual Configuration" with "Supervise devices" checked (and "allow devices to pair with other computers".

I have an entry for our Jamf server, I hit "next" and step through the next few screens without issue. It sends the configuration to the aTV without an error.

I then turn to the aTV, and step through the initial screens (language, country, etc.) until I get to Remote Management.

My profile appears as I'd expect. I hit "Apply Configuraton" and almost immediately get the error "The configuration for your Apple TV could not be downloaded from <Server>. Invalid Profile".

I've blown away the enrollment profile, re-created, wiped the aTV multiple times, etc., but I keep ending up at the same spot. Any tips or suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

mark_buffington
Contributor II
Contributor II

@Taylor.Armstrong - What model of Apple TV are you trying to enroll? Also, if you're already using Configurator and it has tvOS 11+ on it, I'd also suggest adding it to DEP (if available) so it ends up being your last time touching it to enroll.

Taylor_Armstron
Valued Contributor

4K model, running tvOS 12.1.1

Sadly, DEP not an option. Trust me - been fighting that battle for 3+ years (the joys of red tape in the .gov).

perkhouse
New Contributor

Having the exact same problem, but I solved it.
The only difference is that I clicked "Visit" on the Open Enrollment page which downloaded a mobileconfig file onto my computer. Then I added that profile in AC2 to the device.

However, it should be noted that my 2 main reasons for enrolling were ineffectual...
1. NONE of the apps in my blueprint were installed
2. I couldn't figure out how to activation lock the device(s) so if stolen the new "owner" should have no problem wiping

Frustrating! I don't see the point in enrolling other than inventory (which is much easier on a Google sheet).

I hope that helps!