Mac App Store App Priority or call by Policy

DFree
New Contributor III

I apologize if this was already asked and if it was, you can just link me.

As part of enrollment, I have a prioritized list of policies that install and setup various stuff including special software. This includes calling dockutil to update the dock, etc. We also have some apps that we automatically install from the Mac App Store section of JSS. Bottom line is, the Mac App Store stuff is installing after I call my last dockutil update. I'm hoping for a way to control the installation or at least know when the apps are installed, so I can trigger a dock refresh.

2 Questions:
1. What is the priority of the app installation from the Mac App Store? As far as I can tell, my policies finish first and then the Mac App Stores install after.
2. Is there a way to make a policy to tell the Mac App Store to kick off its software installs first or some other sort of trigger so I can refresh the dock?

Apparently at least back in 2016, these options did not exist. I'm guessing that has not changed as I don't see anything in JSS.
https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/22425/add-a-script-to-an-app-install

0 REPLIES 0