Pendo designer login box on script page

niklas_blomdale
New Contributor II

Hi, it seems like im the only one who gets the Pendo designer login box when viewing/editing script on the script page. It seems to react to ${ character, does that mean all script keystrokes are sent to pendo?
Can someone help me verify if thats the case, since that would make a huge security issue (in my mind)

d4a95751697a440ebe8d7f05c2a4df0e

To replicate, go to script page, new script type something like echo $hey and then click on $ and press {, it seems to invoke the pendo login page that locks the entire script editing interface.

Jamf support thinks it some extension i have, but i tried firefox safe mode and it does the same there.

d3be4c796dd24fa2b420d31123ef7fee

3 REPLIES 3

niklas_blomdale
New Contributor II

Turns out, its the new feature Engage that sends all your keystrokes to pendo, and they sometimes want you not to be anonymous.

Disable it under System Settings -> Engage

b07a210c763c48fe8e86d4ed031cbb6d

Andrina
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @niklas.blomdalen - I'm sorry you're running into this. What you're encountering is the result of an unintended keyboard shortcut. I'd encourage you to take a look at the Engage Overview and FAQ - https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/594/engage-overview-and-faq

Engage does not collect any user-entered text or information entered in form fields in Jamf Pro, nor does it gather any metrics from your Jamf Pro database.

We are working directly with Pendo to address this interruption in your user experience, and I'll update this thread when we have more details.

Thanks so much for bringing it to our attention.

Andrina
Contributor
Contributor

@niklas.blomdalen - The keyboard shortcut for the Pendo designer has now been disabled. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.