Managed Apple TVs and Home Sharing

edullum
Contributor

Goal: To sign into Apple TVs that are already enrolled and managed with Jamf Pro with an Apple ID automatically

We have over 100 4K Apple TVs that are enrolled and managed in Jamf Pro. Is there someway to sign into the iTunes section with an Apple ID through managed distribution? I already know the answer to it...but I just wanted to see what other people are doing.

Our end goal is to set the screen saver to a slideshow of photos from a designated Mac. When the technician uploads more photos to the slideshow on the Mac, in theory the Apple TV will receive the updated photos and add those into the slideshow. The Apple TVs and Mac are on the same VLAN.

2 REPLIES 2

thejenbot
Contributor III

This would be pretty sweet, but when you say you already know the answer to it - I'm guessing that answer is 'no'. I tend to agree with your assumption, but think it would be a good feature request for Apple to allow MDM to do that. At this point they're probably going to steer you toward an expensive digital signage solution when this would probably be a very simple way to accomplish what you're looking to do.

edullum
Contributor

Yeah I figured as much. The ideas that people come up with in our environment tend to be one step ahead of the current technology in place.