Patch Policy shows wrong pkg in log

abnaau
New Contributor III

I'm currently trying to setup our patch management and as a test I'm trying to update Skype for Business but the log only shows an attempt for Microsoft Word 2016 - another policy that is unrelated, unscoped, and actually disabled.

I've set it to install automatically, tripple checked that I have the correct package for the correct Skype for Business version selected under definitions, and the correct machines scoped, but for some reason the Package Policy log shows:

ATTEMPT 1
Executing Patch Policy Microsoft Word 2016
Downloading Microsoft_Office_2016_15.37.17081500_Volume_Installer.pkg...
Downloading https://<url removed>...
Verifying package integrity...
Installing Microsoft_Office_2016_15.37.17081500_Volume_Installer.pkg...
installer: Package name is Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac installer: Upgrading at base path / installer: The upgrade was successful.

There IS another old policy for updating Word 2016 - but that is 100% disabled. (And not scoped to anything at all)

When running "jamf policy" on a scoped client, I get: No patch policies found.

I'm new to Jamf Patch Management... But am I correct it's trying to install the wrong package if that is what's in the log? What's going on?

1 REPLY 1

abnaau
New Contributor III

After removing the Word patch pkg from "Definitions" under "Microsoft Word 2016", the machines in question started trying other Office products. One went with Outlook, another went with Excel.

After removing the packages from all Office patch definitions it proceeded to install the Skype for Business patch correctly.

I guess it was just a bug - doesn't make sense they were trying to install patches that a) Were disabled b) Weren't in the scope.