Skip to main content
Jamf Nation, hosted by Jamf, is a knowledgeable community of Apple-focused admins and Jamf users. Join us in person at the ninth annual Jamf Nation User Conference (JNUC) this November for three days of learning, laughter and IT love.

Has anyone repackaged Cisco Webex Meetings for silent install?

There are two issues with the Cisco Webex Meetings installer that make it unsuitable for silent install:

1) It launches the app in the next to last line of the postflight script
2) The postflight script contains a call to the binary PTInstall (embedded in ./PTInstall/Contents/MacOS/ which will prompt the user to quit the Microsoft Outlook or iCal (not Calendar) apps if they're running.

If I comment out item #1 and repack the installer it works, but if I disable the call to PTInstall then the installer reports an error validating files. Before I go down the rabbit hole further I thought I'd ask if anyone has gone through this exercise before can can share their experience.

Like Comment
Order by:
SOLVED Posted: by paulnz

Would like to know this too, Webex Meeting silent install options only appear to extend to Windows installs.

SOLVED Posted: by sdagley

@paulnz FYI my org ended up abandoning the silent install route for Cisco Webex Meetings. We just make it available for install via Self Service.