Password Complexity and Setup Assistant

bmarks
Contributor II

I Google this but I couldn't find any info. Is there a way via a PreStage package or profile to enforce password complexity during the Setup Assistant and initial user creation?

5 REPLIES 5

bartlomiejsojka
Contributor
Contributor

You should be able to include a CP with „Passcode” payload in your PreStage to enforce that, I guess. Haven't actually tested this, but in theory should work. PKG with a postinstall script to configure global pwpolicy might work as well, but it wouldn't be a particularly flexible solution 😉.

bmarks
Contributor II

So, unless I am misunderstanding, isn't the "Passcode" payload related to the device-based passcode and not related to a user's password?

bmarks
Contributor II

Never mind. I tested this with the config profile and it worked. I didn't realize that payload applied to user passwords on a Mac.

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

I think you have to use the Account setting and the configuration profiles in PreStage Enrollments.

That said it's just a guess as I have never done it, because of our FV workflow.

C

mapurcel
Contributor III

One thing to keep an eye on with a computer level passcode profile is that it will apply to your hidden admin account, for example if you have a maximum passcode age set. We ended up using a user level passcode profile that doesn't enforce complexity until first login (not during DEP) for that reason.