Avoid App Installation prompt for iOS

al_c
New Contributor III

Is there a way to avoid being prompted on iOS to install apps. I'd like for the apps to automatically install without being prompted. Prompt attached. c7c7255984494b48aef7253266d2bd26

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Krbonus
Contributor

Yeah, I think my guess here is that those iPads might not be supervised, meaning not in your DEP? iPad could've been purchased on a 3rd party.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jared_f
Valued Contributor

You need to buy VPP licenses for the app and then check the VPP box in the app.

cdad3e13923c4fb8989038eba1301dc1

maurits
Contributor

You are aware that for supervised devices the installation will be silent if you assing VPP licences?

Krbonus
Contributor

Yeah, I think my guess here is that those iPads might not be supervised, meaning not in your DEP? iPad could've been purchased on a 3rd party.

al_c
New Contributor III

These were purchased through a third-party and the MDM profile was installed manually. I will look into getting these onto DEP. Thanks!!

Krbonus
Contributor

@alex.cisneros best of luck, keep in mind though that if it's purchased through a 3rd party the only way to supervise them is on AC2 so you would need physical access on those iPads.

chris_hansen
Contributor

Even after enrolling in DEP with Configurator, there is a 30 day period when the enrollment profile can be removed by the user. An opt out by Apple.